Shower Seats & Stools
Our top-quality shower seats and shower stools are designed for bathroom or wet-room use. Shower stools for disabled people or others whose condition means it is difficult to stand up for sustained periods in the bathroom. Essential Aids’ freestanding shower seats are available with three or four legs, while we also supply a number of models which fold against the wall when not in use. A shower chair for elderly people who may find it challenging to stand for the duration of a shower can assist in retaining independence in the bathroom.
Our top-quality shower seats and shower stools are designed for bathroom or wet-room use. Shower stools for disabled people or others whose condition means it is difficult to stand up for sustained periods
Items 1-30 of 146
- Vat ExemptA shower chair made from lightweight polyethylene and anodized aluminium.
- Vat ExemptWall mounted, folding aluminium shower seat providing safe and comfortable support while showering.
- Vat ExemptThese lightweight folding shower stools are made from corrosion resistant aluminium. The stool folds down for easy storage.
- Vat ExemptExtremely versatile, can be used as 4 different types of stool.
- Vat ExemptThis shower stool offers great value for money and is made from non-corrosive aluminum.
- Vat ExemptThe triangle-shaped footprint means it takes up less space than conventional shower stools.
- Vat ExemptHeight adjustable, sturdy, perching shower stools and front cut-out for personal cleansing tasks.
- Vat ExemptOne of our most comfortable shower stools, this model is supplied with padded back and armrests.
- Vat ExemptThese shower stools have drainage holes to release excess water and preventing it pooling on the seat.
- Vat ExemptA wall mounted, horse-shoe shaped shower seat with two adjustable front legs.
- Vat ExemptA folding plastic shower seat with a sturdy aluminium frame.
- Vat ExemptA lightweight yet strong shower stool to enable safer washing and bathing.
- Vat ExemptA shower stool that enables the user to sit down during washing.
- Vat ExemptFeatures a slatted seat and two armrests to offer increased levels of support to the user.
- Vat ExemptA height adjustable stool for use around the house or in the shower.
- Vat ExemptA dual use stool with adjustable height and lateral supports.
- Vat ExemptThis perching stool can be used throughout the house for a range of purposes.
- Vat ExemptA comfortable height adjustable chair that can also be used in the shower.
- Vat ExemptA reinforced shower chair with handles.
- Vat ExemptThis triangular shower stool fits saves space and fits neatly into the cubicle's corner.
- Vat ExemptHeight adjustable large shower bench with a strong steel frame, ideal for heavier users.
- Vat ExemptA shower stool that enables safer and more comfortable washing and bathing.
- Vat ExemptThis shower chair collapses down conveniently when not in use.
- Vat ExemptHeight adjustable stool suitable for use in the shower.
- Vat ExemptThis stool has a weight limit of 254kg (40 stone) and is available with a flat seat or with a sloped 'perching' seat.
- Vat ExemptA lightweight and strong range of shower stools and chairs to enable seated bathing.
- Vat ExemptAn aluminium frame ensures this stool is lightweight and resists corrosion.
- Vat ExemptA comfortable shower seat with a specially contoured seat and two grab handles.
- Vat ExemptA portable shower stool or chair with three available colours and size adjustments.
- Vat ExemptA supportive shower stool with heat reflective padding and an adjustable backrest.
Seating within the bathroom can be vital for those with reduced mobility or balance.
Many people find it difficult to stand up for a sustained period of time.
Using some form of seating reduces the risk of falling, losing one’s balance and may lessen associated anxiety.
This in turn promotes independence in the bathroom.
Most shower seats and shower stools are adjustable in height using a simple pin-clip on each of the legs.
Stools, benches and shower chairs with arms and backrests are all available.
Wall-mounted seats are also an option.
Many individuals with compromised balance or strength may prefer to sit down for the duration of a shower. There are plenty of options to facilitate this.
A free-standing or or wall-mounted shower seat is a practical living aid for the bathroom.
For small cubicles with a flat-surfaced shower tray, a lightweight shower stool is often the best option.
Stools are available with three or four legs and often have minimal footprint dimensions.
Corner stools are also available, further saving space.
Because this type of seating regularly gets wet, it’s important they are made from non-corrosive materials like plastic and aluminium.
Rubber or plastic feet fitted at the bottom of the legs reduce the chance of the seat slipping.
The actual sitting surface will usually be textured, for the same reason.
Drainage holes are present to avoid the puddling of water on the seat itself.
Make sure you measure the space available in the shower and compare it to the footprint dimensions of the stool or chair before choosing free-standing seating.
Again, measuring the dimensions of both the fitting bracket and the seat’s protrusion from the wall are important first steps.
A qualified tradesmen will be necessary to fit a wall mounted seat.
Remember to check the weight bearing limit before choosing one, as sometimes wall-mounted seats do not carry the same load as free standing chairs.
Perching stools typically stand fairly tall, allowing the user to semi-sit on their leading edge.
They are often useful at the bathroom sink, enabling the individual to remain in an upright posture, while reducing stress on the body.
Chairs with armrests and backrests are available, giving the feeling of maximum safety and support while in the shower.
It’s worth noting that this type of chair is typically reasonably large, so double check the footprint dimensions to make sure it fits, before choosing one.