Moving & Handling
Essential Aids supplies a range of high quality moving and handling equipment for the transfer of disabled children. These devices typically wrap around the child and have integral handles which enable carers to hold, lift and position more easily. These moving and handling aids are available in different sizes and can be used either with children or adults who require assistance. Handling belts for the disabled or others who may have difficulty transferring from bed to chair. This section also features hoists and certain wedges and positioning aids for children in the process of therapy to develop their strength and coordination.
Essential Aids supplies a range of high quality moving and handling equipment for the transfer of disabled children. These devices typically wrap around the child and have integral handles which enable carers to
Items 1-30 of 38
- Two Tumble Forms wedges which provide many supportive positioning options for the child.
- Vat ExemptThis is a pool a flotation aid for use in hydrotherapy treatment of adults and children.
- A versatile and supportive positioning aid, ideal for young children with varying motor abilities.
- Vat ExemptThese sheets enable easy positioning of children and smaller adults.
- Filled with polystyrene beads which mould to the individual’s body shape.
- Three in one stander which allows three different position options and flexible adjustments.
- Soft and supportive roll shapes to assist with various movement therapies.
- Vat ExemptA pair of well designed crutches that assist children that require walking support.
- Vat ExemptA therapeutic tool for children consisting of two supportive wedges with straps.
- Two different sized floor wedges providing comfortable support, play or relaxation for children.
- Vat Exempta handling belt designed for use with children, with a number of padded handles.
- Side positioning support for children with limited mobility, allowing excellent scope for interaction.
- Vat ExemptSet of harnesses, adjustable pelvic supports, pommel and a wide footboard with straps.
- Vat ExemptThe Handy Handle provides an easier grip and better leverage while helping someone stand from a couch, car, bed, or toilet.
- Vat Exempt
A vacuum pump that is compatible with the Versa range of positioning pillows.
- Vat ExemptA complete module seating system designed to position and support children with a range of needs.
- A low stool for use by adults to allow them to sit at a height appropriate level for working with children.
- Positioning rolls for various therapeutic activities, available in four sizes and with an optional wall rack.
- Vat Exempt
This grab rail is specifically designed for children.
- Versatile kit for different therapies involving balance, motor skills or relaxation.
- Vat ExemptThis padded sling can be used with the Wispa range of hoists.
- Two supportive wedges designed for adolescents or smaller adults in various therapies.
- Vat ExemptGives added safety, confidence and floatation while bathing or swimming. Ideal for a range of uses including hydrotherapy.
- Vat ExemptA patient transfer lift that reduces strain on carers.
- Vat ExemptA portable hoist that can be used for patient transfers.
- Vat ExemptA high quality, battery powered patient hoist.
- A stabilising neck support which can be used on its own or with the Elementary Carrie Seat System.
- Pillow case for the White Versa Form Pillows range, available in sheepskin or terry cloth.
- Vat ExemptAn activity base designed to raise the height of the Carrie Seat, allowing maximum engagement with activities.
A useful rack that can be used to store Tumble Forms rolls.