Moving & Handling
Essential Aids supplies a range of high quality moving and handling equipment for the transfer of disabled children. These devices typically wrap around the child and have integral handles which enable carers to hold, lift and position more easily. These moving and handling aids are available in different sizes and can be used either with children or adults who require assistance. Handling belts for the disabled or others who may have difficulty transferring from bed to chair. This section also features hoists and certain wedges and positioning aids for children in the process of therapy to develop their strength and coordination.
Essential Aids supplies a range of high quality moving and handling equipment for the transfer of disabled children. These devices typically wrap around the child and have integral handles which enable carers to
Items 1-30 of 38
- Soft and supportive roll shapes to assist with various movement therapies.
- Vat ExemptA pair of well designed crutches that assist children that require walking support.
- A therapeutic tool for children consisting of two supportive wedges with straps.
- Two different sized floor wedges providing comfortable support, play or relaxation for children.
- Vat Exempta handling belt designed for use with children, with a number of padded handles.
- Side positioning support for children with limited mobility, allowing excellent scope for interaction.
- Versatile, gentle support system enabling 17 different positions for various activities.
- Vat ExemptSet of harnesses, adjustable pelvic supports, pommel and a wide footboard with straps.
- Vat ExemptThe Handy Handle provides an easier grip and better leverage while helping someone stand from a couch, car, bed, or toilet.
- Vat Exempt
A vacuum pump that is compatible with the Versa range of positioning pillows.
- Vat ExemptA complete module seating system designed to position and support children with a range of needs.
- A low stool for use by adults to allow them to sit at a height appropriate level for working with children.
- Positioning rolls for various therapeutic activities, available in four sizes and with an optional wall rack.
- Two supportive wedges designed for adolescents or smaller adults in various therapies.
- Two Tumble Forms wedges which provide many supportive positioning options for the child.
- Vat ExemptThis is a pool a flotation aid for use in hydrotherapy treatment of adults and children.
- A versatile and supportive positioning aid, ideal for young children with varying motor abilities.
- Vat ExemptThese sheets enable easy positioning of children and smaller adults.
- Filled with polystyrene beads which mould to the individual’s body shape.
- Three in one stander which allows three different position options and flexible adjustments.
A useful rack that can be used to store Tumble Forms rolls.
- Vat ExemptThis quilted sling is compatible with the Wispa range of hoists.
- Vat ExemptThis hoist is a useful patient transfer tool.
- Vat ExemptA ceiling track to be used with Wispa hoists.
- Vat ExemptA portable step that can aid in a range of transfer applications.
- Vat ExemptThis gantry is compatible with a range of patient transfer hoists.
- A unique three in one stander which offers versatile supportive positions and adjustable tilting.
- High quality heel wedge designed to manage rear foot pronation.
- Vat Exempt
This grab rail is specifically designed for children.
- Versatile kit for different therapies involving balance, motor skills or relaxation.