Wheelchair cushions made to relieve pressure and make life more comfortable. Our pressure relief cushions for wheelchairs range from foam based units, through to gel-based and inflatable models. For those who rely on wheelchairs for their mobility, cushions may make a big difference to their everyday comfort. Essential Aids has a long established reputation for supply quality wheelchair cushions, uk-wide. Our cushions spread pressure evenly, reducing force or friction on localised, vulnerable areas. Our cushions are specifically designed to cater for the varying grades of pressure sore vulnerability a person may experience.
Wheelchair cushions made to relieve pressure and make life more comfortable. Our pressure relief cushions for wheelchairs range from foam based units, through to gel-based and inflatable models. For those who rely on
Items 1-30 of 87
- Vat ExemptHigh quality seat and back cover for a wheelchair or mobility scooter, made from 100% genuine wool.
- Vat ExemptThis comfortable cushion is suitable for most wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- Vat ExemptNodular foam on one side and flat cushion on the other - a versatile 2-way cushion.
- Vat ExemptWraps and supports the low back, the fibre filling ensuring comfort and support.
- Vat ExemptThis attractive cushion is ideal for a variety of situations as it is lightweight, comfortable and durable.
- Vat ExemptLightweight, portable cushion which can be inflated for quick comfort and support at home or while travelling.
- Vat ExemptRing shaped memory foam cushion ideal for wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
- Vat ExemptThis inflatable cushion delivers basic pressure relief and is particularly useful for those suffering with hemorrhoids.
- Vat ExemptA combination foam and gel cushion that has raised nodules on the top surface.
- Vat ExemptVinyl covered foam cushions ideal for wheelchair or mobility scooter comfort.
- Vat ExemptA wheelchair pillow that provides comfort and support to the user.
- Vat ExemptA specially designed no-sag cushion that can be used with wheelchairs.
- Vat ExemptA handy storage pocket that is designed to be used with wheelchairs.
- Vat ExemptWool fleece cover for a wheelchair or mobility scooter, providing extra comfort, support and warmth while seated for long periods.
- Vat Exempt
A foam wedge cushion that promotes comfort and correct posture in a seated position.
- Vat ExemptThis wedge cushion improves spinal posture and is available with a coccyx cut-out.
- Vat ExemptThis memory foam back cushion wraps-around the lower torso to give exceptional lateral support.
- This wedge cushion tilts the pelvis to keep the spine in a natural, comfortable position.
- Vat ExemptA specially designed cushion that prevent unwanted forward movement.
- Vat ExemptThis cushion fits under the cushion of an existing chair in order to raise its height.
- Vat ExemptThis memory foam wheelchair cushion is suitable for those at high risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- Vat ExemptThis comfortable, lightweight cushion with individual foam sections helps to elevate a chair or wheelchair.
- Vat ExemptThis anatomically contoured cushion has remarkable pressure relieving properties.
- Vat ExemptA foam cushion with a nodular top surface for pain relief and comfort.
- Vat ExemptThese hard wearing wheelchair cushion covers fix securely to most wheelchairs.
- Vat ExemptThis wedge angle gives the optimum sitting position.
- Vat ExemptThese layered cushions give excellent pressure relief and are popular with wheelchair and mobility scooter users.
- Vat ExemptThese cushions are soft and warm to the touch, making them ideal for a wheelchair or mobility scooter.
- Vat ExemptLuxury Pure Wool Pile on the upper and front edge with a vinyl underside.
- Vat ExemptInflatable ring shaped cushion which moulds to individual shape and deflates quickly for compact storage or transportation.
Cushions designed to increase comfort and support for wheelchair users.
These items are among the most popular wheelchair accessories.
Anyone who uses a wheelchair may benefit from using a cushion.
They are however, usually most useful for those routinely using a wheelchair and who find the seat less comfortable without one.
Foam wheelchair cushions - these are the most inexpensive options and many use layers of foam to achieve the best padding and support.
Layered combinations of foam are designed to give support without losing stability.
Memory foam is often used because of its shape-holding properties.
This allows it to adapt its contours to fit those of the sitter.
Almost all foam wheelchair cushions are supplied with washable or wipeable covers.
Gel wheelchair cushions - gel - usually silicone gel - is frequently used in cushions because of its pressure and heat distribution properties.
People at risk from developing pressure sores often use this type of cushion.
It is unusual for a whole cushion to be made of gel - more often they comprise foam cushions with gel-filled compartments.
Inflatable wheelchair cushions - this style uses inflatable pockets of air to create comfort and support.
It comes with the territory that blow-up wheelchair cushions are vulnerable to punctures, so need to be treated more carefully than other kinds of cushion.
Most inflatable cushions have a ‘nodular’ design.
The nodules create both support and also allow air to flow around the user’s posterior.
Wedge shaped wheelchair cushions - these are cut in a triangular or ‘wedge’ shape.
The thick end of the wedge is usually positioned at the back, under the person’s coccyx area.
Contoured cushions - these have curved sections which fit the shape of one’s backside, hopefully providing improved support and stability.
They often feature firmer foam around the edges and softer material towards the centre.
Wheelchair cushions with cut-out sections - these are designed to relieve pressure to specific areas.
Some have a section cut out in the centre of the cushion, while others feature a cut-out under the coccyx area.
This part of the body may be extra sensitive in some people.
Nodular wheelchair cushions - these have raised bumps which some people find supportive and comfortable.
The nodules may also help with airflow, reducing discomfort from overheating.
Most cushions are available in various dimensions, so check the details of the products concerned.
Many are available in different depths, as well as widths, so you should be able to find one for your wheelchair.
Many cushions come with washable covers - check the details on the product.
Others have wipe-clean outer covers which are robust and practical.
Warm synthetic and lambswool cushions are a popular choice because of the comfort and cosiness they offer.
Some kinds have a cushion which not only fits on the seat, but also extends up the back rest.
This proves warmth and cushioning to the parts of the body in most contact with the wheelchair.