Rising Seats & Aids
Getting to your feet from a sitting position can be difficult if you are living with certain health conditions. Essential Aids Rising Seats section of mobility aids offers a range of innovative products which make the process easier. We supply cushions which physically push you upwards as you stand up, like the Easy Rise Booster Cushion. Alternatively, depending on your condition or disability, booster cushions may be a simple way of reducing the distance of travel between standing and sitting. If seat riser cushions don’t fit the bill, we also supply special furniture ‘feet’ which raise the height of the sofa, armchair or bed by effectively extending the length of the legs.
Getting to your feet from a sitting position can be difficult if you are living with certain health conditions. Essential Aids Rising Seats section of mobility aids offers a range of innovative
Items 1-30 of 49
- Vat ExemptThis cushion fits under the cushion of an existing chair in order to raise its height.
- Vat ExemptA handy tool that clips to a seatbelt and makes it easier to reach and put on.
- Vat ExemptA handy turning disc that makes transferring in and out of a car seat or chair easier.
- Vat ExemptGreat in-car mobility aids - handybar and swivel cushion combination Pack.
- Vat ExemptProvides an excellent support loop for use when getting in our out of a car.
- Vat ExemptSelf-powered lifting cushion that can be applied to any chair for instant automatic lifting.
- Vat ExemptSelf-powered, portable raising cushion which can be used with any seat.
- Vat ExemptFour linked moulded plastic blocks to allow for the height adjustment of chairs.
- Vat ExemptThis padded cushion rotates on its own base, making it a practical and comfortable transfer aid.
- Vat ExemptThis transfer aid has two ultra low friction discs which slide against each other to create easy rotation for the user.
- Vat ExemptA padded transfer seat that enables the user to rotate freely.
- Vat ExemptA flexible swivelling cushion ideal for assisting the transition to and from most types of seat.
- Vat ExemptA four-pack of plastic chair raisers with height adjustment.
- Vat ExemptA chair height adjuster with moulded plastic blocks that can be used with many different sized chairs.
- Vat ExemptA bed raiser that can be used to increase the height of beds.
- Vat ExemptThis rotating seat is mounted on ball bearings and is a clever aid to getting in or out of a car.
- Vat ExemptLightweight yet robust turning platform that can be used for standing or seated patient transfers.
- Vat ExemptFour hardwood cubes with different size recesses, enabling the height to be raised of different chair types.
- Vat ExemptAn armchair that is designed to be comfortable and facilitate easier rising.
- The Sandringham has a high seat and backrest, making it easier from which to rise from than standard armchairs.
- Vat ExemptA bed raiser discreetly and securely increases the height of a bed.
- Vat ExemptThese Adjustable Bed Raisers provide a simple way of raising bed height.
- Vat ExemptA comfortable rotating cushion that enables easier transfers in a range of situations.
- Vat ExemptA set of strong and durable furniture raisers.
- Vat ExemptWooden bed raising cubes which can be fitted easily onto the legs of beds, providing height elevation.
- Vat ExemptA multi-purpose furniture raiser that can be used with beds, chairs and settees.
- Vat ExemptA pack of chair raisers that attach to the leg of the chair.
- Vat ExemptA set of furniture raisers that can be used with chairs and tables.
- Vat ExemptA range of furniture raisers that are useful for people with limited mobility.
- Vat Exempt
A supportive metal frame that assists in rising from sofas and chairs.
Cushions and other pieces of equipment which help someone get to their feet from a sitting position, or visa versa.
These are important mobility aids for those with compromised strength, flexibility or balance.
These devices effectively cushion your weight as you sit down.
An internal hydraulic arm provides the user with a gradual, supported movement as they come down to a sitting position.
As the user gets back to their feet, the seat offers a pushing motion upwards, boosting the user’s weight as they resume standing.
Many people struggle with the routine task of standing up or sitting down, especially from low seating like sofas or armchairs.
Aside from electric or hydraulic powered rising seats, there are other pieces of equipment which attempt to help with the same issue.
Height booster cushions - these are essentially firm cushions which are usually placed between the sofa seat and its own removable cushion.
This raises the height of the sitter, meaning there is less distance of travel from sitting to standing.
Elephant feet or chair raisers - plastic or wooden blocks which have indentations into which the feet of furniture can fit.
Suitable for chairs or beds, again their chief purpose is to raise the height of the user’s sitting position, making it more manageable to sit down and back up again.
Armchair support grab rails - some support rails are specifically designed to fit to an armchair or sofa.
They are often used in combination with rising seats or booster feet which raise the height of furniture.
Using a clamping mechanism which fits in the gap between the bottom of the furniture and the floor, they comprise a vertical shaft and a handle at the top.
This provides a stable and robust support rail for the person sitting in the chair.
Aids to help get in and out of a car seat - the low sitting position required in many cars creates a challenge for people with mobility issues.
These useful living aids make a big difference for many people.
There are straps and handles available which fit to the car, providing points of support as you get up or sit down.
Swivel cushions - while not strictly rising seats, these devices help the user get into position in order to stand up.
They can be used on conventional seating or in car seats.
Swivel cushions make it much easier for the user to swing their legs to the side, a function particularly difficult for those with general reduced mobility.
In-car mobility aids make a big difference to people with flexibility issues or chronic stiffness in parts of their body.
Living aids like this are important pieces of equipment for many people’s daily routines.