Adapted Cutlery for Children
This section contains a variety of special cutlery suitable for children. Many mildly and severely disabled kids have difficulty controlling knives, forks and spoons. The items in Essential Aids' children’s cutlery section have features like weighted handles to assist motor control, along with wrap-around flexible handles. Also on this page are children’s spoons which can be set at an angle, which in some cases improves control. A children’s cutlery set where each item has similar characteristics may be of benefit to the child, as they get used to its specific contours. Essential Aids supplies a number of adapted cutlery sets with shaped handles, making them easier to grip that standard cutlery.
This section contains a variety of special cutlery suitable for children. Many mildly and severely disabled kids have difficulty controlling knives, forks and spoons. The items in Essential Aids' children’s cutlery section have
- Vat ExemptDesigned for those with limited coordination or a compulsive bite reflex.
- Vat ExemptThese paediatric feeding aids have angled handles which many children find easier to use than standard cutlery.
- Vat ExemptA durable spoon with a shallow bowl, for use in feeding therapy.
- Vat ExemptThese robust, coated spoons can bent to the desired shaft angle.
- Vat ExemptA cutlery set designed to facilitate children in self-feeding, made from polypropylene and stainless steel.