Cups & Mugs
Essential Aids supplies a extensive range of kitchen aids like special cups and mugs which are easier to control than standard drinking vessels. Some are available with oversized handles - ideal for people with certain disabilities causing tremors or a loss of fine motor control. Among the range is the double handled mug for elderly people or others whose condition makes it hard to use a conventional mug. Some items in this section have special lids with spouts to reduce spillage. A non-spill cup can reduce mess at meal-times. Our drinking cups for disabled people or others who find conventional cups challenging to control. A non-spill cup for elderly individuals may make a significant difference.
Essential Aids supplies a extensive range of kitchen aids like special cups and mugs which are easier to control than standard drinking vessels. Some are available with oversized handles - ideal for
Items 1-30 of 108
- Vat ExemptThis angled cup reduces the need for the drinker to tilt their head backwards.
- Vat ExemptThis large handled, highly robust mug is often used by those who have problems handling regular crockery.
- Vat ExemptThis strong mug is much easier to control than regular crockery thanks to its over-sized handles.
- Vat ExemptThis specially reinforced cup with an integral spout and large handles will not break even if it is dropped.
- Vat ExemptThis ultra strong spouted cup is typically used by those who want careful control over the flow of liquid.
- Vat ExemptThis plastic drinking cup comes with two long-spouted lids.
- Vat ExemptHas a long spouted lid which can be clicked to create an angle when drinking.
- A uniquely designed glass that allows for drinking without tilting the head back.
- Vat ExemptA stackable polycarbonate cup in four bright colours, with an innovative anti-spill design.
- Vat ExemptThis is a tough, clear plastic mug with a large, open handle.
- A mug with large handles and a spout to allow for controlled drinking.
- Vat ExemptInsulated mug with an extra large handle and snap on lid, for use with hot or cold beverages.
- A drinking aid that has a one way valve to allow controlled fluid intake and no spills.
- Vat ExemptA straw with a one-way valve to aid in suction, with a handy attachment clip.
- Vat ExemptA non-spill cup with a screw on lid that features a straw hole.
- Vat ExemptDual handled mug with two separate lids, one anti-spill option and one with a drinking spout.
- Vat ExemptTwo-handled holder that fits to most cups or beakers, providing extra grip and control while drinking.
- Vat ExemptA wide stable base and two large handles make this mug exceptionally easy to use.
- Vat ExemptThis cups lids provides an easy visual indicator of the temperature of its contents.
- Vat ExemptWeighted hot or cold drinks cup with an easy grip handle, ideal for people with muscle tremors or limited co-ordination.
- Vat ExemptTough, clear plastic mug with a oversize handle for ease of use.
- Vat ExemptA cup with a front cut-out to allow for drinking without too much neck extension.
- Vat ExemptA teapot-shaped feeding cup with a partially covered top and two large handles.
- Vat ExemptTwo-handled drinking mug supplied with an anti-spill lid and a drinking spout lid.
- Vat ExemptThe Duo drinking aid converts a mug into one with two handles, or adds a single handle to flat side drinking vessels.
- Vat ExemptThese spouted feeding cups are available with or without the wide 'wing' style handles.
- Vat ExemptThis anti-spill cup allows for drinking whilst sitting or reclining, making it useful for individuals with mobility issues.
- Vat ExemptAn innovative device that allows individuals with vision problems to pour liquids without spilling.
- Vat ExemptEasy to grip water bottle that is attachable to beds, bikes, wheelchairs or bags for instant access.
- Vat ExemptDiscreet drinking aid which controls the flow of liquid and reduces spills.
Drinking vessels which have special characteristics which for some people, make them easier to use.
People with relevant disabilities or physical conditions may have difficulty drinking from standard cups or mugs.
This may be because of diminished strength, coordination or motor skills, or because of certain learning difficulties.
In many cases, special drinking vessels like these promote independence in those who might otherwise struggle to drink unaided.
The method by which each special design may help, varies from person to person, depending on the characteristics of their condition.
The range is diverse, reflecting the differences between conditions and the physical restrictions they may impose on people living with them.
These are some of the more common:
Non-spill cups - there are various kinds of cups which have some sort of non-spill features.
This may be a lid with a closable aperture, or a lid with a straw which fits tightly enough to prevent liquid escaping.
Others have lids with spouts built in, guiding the liquid and reducing spillages.
Another design which is intended to reduce spillages uses a special plastic insert which sits within the liquid held in the cup.
It disrupts the wave motion which in turn makes spillages less likely.
Two-handled mugs - for people with a hand tremor or reduced strength, drinking vessels with two handles may be easier to control.
Large-handled mugs - having oversized handles helps give some people more control.
Angled cups - having an angled or slanted cylinder to hold the liquid means less head-tilt is required when drinking.
This is a useful feature for people with limited flexibility in the neck and shoulders.
Yes, there are numerous designs of cups or mugs with spouts.
In some cases spouts of different sizes and flow are available, so you should be able to find one to suit the individual concerned.
Spouted drinking vessels make spilling their contents much less likely.
Sometimes called ‘nosey cups’, these items have a lowered section of the rim.
This fits the user’s nose and reduces the amount of head tilt required in order to drink from the cup.
Yes, ‘thermo’ mugs are available which are designed to keep their contents warm for longer than normal.
They are useful for people who may take some time to consume drinks.
Some of these mugs are available with two large handles to help improve control.