Here is Essential Aids’ range of adapted cooking utensils like carving knives, gripping aids, scissors, forks, graters, and many more for the disabled or elderly. These items are designed with either special handles or blades for people with weak grip or limited range of motion. Kitchen utensils like this may make a practical difference to someone living with certain conditions, who may find conventional food preparation equipment challenging to use. Featured here are utensils for the disabled or others whose condition limits their ability to use standard kitchen tools.
Here is Essential Aids’ range of adapted cooking utensils like carving knives, gripping aids, scissors, forks, graters, and many more for the disabled or elderly. These items are designed with either special handles
Items 1-30 of 37
- Vat ExemptAllows the user to maintain the hand and wrist in a natural position.
- The wide, swivelling blade on this peeler means it requires only minimal user effort.
- Vat Exempt
The practical Kitchen Spread Board with Spikes and 3-Way Grater is a great tool for food preparation.
- Bread knife with ergonomically angled handle.
- Vat ExemptThis cutlery is ideal if your grip is unstable - knife, fork, teaspoon and dessertspoon.
- Features a wide non-slip handle, ideal for those with arthritis or a weak grip.
- A pair of large handled, automatically reopening kitchen scissors.
- This clever aid reduces the transfer weight of the contents of the saucepan.
- This clever board allows the user to apply spread with the use of just one hand.
- Vat ExemptA moulded plastic food preparation board that an be used with just one hand.
- A fantastic fruit and vegetable peeler with a large non-slip handle and stainless steel blade.
- Vat ExemptThis range of cutlery features bright red rubber handles that are easy to see and hold.
- This peeler has a wide blade and a stable, 'catapult' design.
- Lightweight and durable, this jug has antibacterial properties.
- A simple yet effective solution to making tea without the need to grip or squeeze the bag.
- This peeler features a special design which requires little wrist flexibility.
- Vat Exempt
This clever food preparation board is a simple yet effective kitchen aid which allows you to hold food in place, even if you have a weak grip or the use of just a single hand.
- Vat ExemptThis forked knife has a right-angled shape, maintaining the wrist in a comfortable position.
- A large carving fork with an ergonomic handle that significantly reduces wrist strain.
- Enables those with weakened hands to squeeze water from wet dishcloths.
- Pronged, angle headed knife suitable for various uses.
- A silicone trivet which protects any surface from burning or marks when a hot dish is placed on top.
- Vat ExemptA handy tool that enables one-handed spreading of bread.
- A wall mounted magnetic knife and utensil holder.
- Vat ExemptA durable and versatile food preparation board ideal for people with limited mobility in the hands.
- Chopping board with a chef's knife attached - great if you have a shaky grip.
- A handy lighter tool that keeps the user safe and makes lighting easier.
- Vat ExemptA range of knives that have large, ergonomic handles to make them easier to grip.
- A food masher that has a horizontal handle, enabling the user to apply their entire body to mashing.
- Vat ExemptFor those with reduced hand or wrist dexterity, this is a potentially crucial aid for independence.